Are you looking for some career objective examples for your resume? Whether it is your first or fifteenth time updating your resume, knowing how to present your ultimate objectives is critical for ensuring that you land the perfect job. There are many career objective examples on the internet that can help you adequately convey what you are looking for.
Of course, your resume is of utmost importance when you are job seeking. It is your first chance to make an impression on a potential employer. It is the employer’s first introduction to you, your goals, and your experience. In this article, we will be discussing your objectives and will list some career objective examples to help get you started.
This first section of the resume is typically located below your personal information. It is actually one of the most important sections of the resume. This is where you get the opportunity to tell the hiring party exactly what you are looking for.
So, what are some common rules to following when preparing your career objective statement? A few tips for writing the perfect career objective are listed below:
- Keep it Short – Keep your objective is short and concise. One short sentence should be all you need to convey your career objective.
- What’s In It For Me – Your resume typically focuses on the employer and how you can benefit them. However, the career objective is all about you and what you want. Provide just enough information in your objective for a hiring manager to know what you are looking for.
- Specifics – Your objective should be specific and not just fluff. However, if you are looking for any job at the moment, you may want to stick with something more general in order to appeal to the majority of employers.
Career Objective Examples
Depending on what you are looking for or the actual position you are applying for, you may have to change your career objective accordingly. Listed below are both general and professional career goals as published by Palladian International, a career resources company that provides tools to job seekers around the world.
- To build upon my existing corporate finance skill set in both analytics and transaction execution, leading to increasingly responsible positions in treasury.
- To participate as a team member in a dynamic work environment focused on promoting business growth by providing superior value and service
- Position in Human Resources, providing opportunity to make a strong contribution by utilizing and expanding upon related education, skills, experiences and capabilities.
- To further my experience and knowledge in the field of electronics and warehouse
- Position at a leading organization as a financial analyst or trader and continue my education in the financial field by obtaining the CFA designation.
- Obtain a management, analyst or consulting position, in the Healthcare IT industry.
- To gain long term employment with a company that is on or looking to be on the cutting edge, a company that puts value on people and the products they are promoting. Honest and Ethical, I am looking to call this company my family.
- Exploring career opportunities in the to utilize Sales, Account Management and Public Interfacing abilities in a challenging Business Development/Senior Sales Management assignment.
- To secure a responsible career opportunity, where I can fully utilize my training, human resource and management skills, while making a significant contribution to the success of my employer.
- To apply my expertise as ‘Marketing Director’ for a dynamic organization that encompasses hiring a marketing director is an investment. An investment that is crucial to the success of almost all aspects of the organization: Business Development, Sales, Customer Retention, Public Relations, Recruiting and Database Management.
- Seeking employment in Transportation Coordination, Equipment Manager, but would enjoy discussing other available positions for which I am qualified.
- IT Director – Information Technology Vice President (VP) – Chief Information Officer (CIO) Information Technology senior management, executive position in a leading multinational organization, contributing business value by developing and executing a strategic, long-term vision, while leading the firm to achieve measurable business results and growth, effectively managing the IT portfolio of investments. A strong desire to transform “as-is” organizations into “to-be” market and industry leaders. Additional interest in organizations looking to expand their global presence.
- My objective is to leverage my experience while continuing to be challenged. I have 20 years of experience working for service providers delivering marketing intelligence products and services. My background in Management, Account Management, Project Management and Technical Process Management represent a unique combination of disciplines. Personally, I have the drive and determination to consistently achieve success as a leader in all of the organizations that I have worked with in the past.
A resume is vital to your success in the job seeking arena, and career objective examples can be just what you need to move your resume to the top of the pile of resumes!